Expect The Expected and Unexpected
What lays beyond the horizon this 2011 for Pinas? Consulting a fortuneteller or a psychic or an astrologer will not exactly cast away the dim and darkness rather just pure intelligent guessing wherein anyone can do, right?; if your eyes are wide open to what is happening around the Philippines; awareness sheds light.
However, let me poke your curiosity of what to expect this year 2011 in the Philippines and leave you with the reactions: “huh? Ah! Hmm…Oh! Ows? Duh! Nah”, or whatever.
1. More natural calamities as the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) forecast caused by the La Nina phenomenon. Actually, this is already happening at Visayas and Mindanao region of the Philippines at the start of the year. It’s nature’s surprise New Year bash for the Philippines. “Bashing through the floods…and all the field were gone…people crying all the way…” Oh nature! Flashfloods and landslides took control of the land mass of the affected regions in the Philippines; so far the total number of deaths is not yet beyond the neck contrary to the floods that has already been beyond the neck.
2. More unresolved political cases similar to the case of Ampatuans and the fugitive Panfilo Lacson for Dacer-Corbito case, as well as more political indictment and slandering and propagandas; and politically motivated crimes.
3. Manila Water upgrade of its sewage-drainage system that will ensure to minimize water shortage last year. This 2011,the Manila Water plans to complete its four more facilities into its sewer-drainage system that will help keep the rivers of Metro Manila Philippines clean and free from water pollutants or from being contaminated.
4. More new gadgets to come to allure the tech-gadget lover Pinoys wherein last year the top zeitgeist list on gadget and technology category which most Filipinos search of is the Apple iPad. Gadgets that are on the road this 2011 are tablet PC and Android cell phones.
5. Still lukewarm presence and success of Original Pilipino musics due to the domination of international singing stars like Tylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Katie Perry ,and et.al on Filipino record bars that has the most sales or mostly brought by Pinoy music lovers. However, the edge Charice Pempengco, Willie Revillame and Jovit Valdavino got in terms of sales and popularity is not far to propel the Original Filipino musics on hot top but only if they produce original Filipino composed songs like what Mr. WillieRevillame’s album is composed, than just reviving international hit songs and sang songs composed by international song-composer.
6. Retail business and “GoNegosyo” advocacies will still very “UP” for business-minded Pinoys this year with a greener and environment-friendly business concepts and ideas. Already established business companies will continue to fuse green concept in their respective businesses to serve better and healthier business undertakings and services.
7. More Sports achievements or winnings like what the Philippine sports have accomplished last year such as the winnings of Engelberto “Biboy” Rivera at Bowling World Cup in Toulon France, Nonito Donaire Jr., Brian Viloria, and Manny Pacquiao in boxing sports disciplines, and the Asian Games winners.
8. Fresh new comers and coming-of-age former child stars again will refresh and brighten up the Philippine TVTube on their starring TV programs just like what have happened last year by the success of the like of Empress Schuck and Erich Gonzales whose careers where resuscitated into stardom and become seemingly fresh stars again in the Philippine TVTube. It is also expected to have more stars switching channels activities by known and famous stars that will join other TV networks.
9. Most Filipinos will be inclined more to use and consume herbal and natural products for health-conscious Pinoys as it was in the previous due to awareness that naturals are more safe, effective, nutritious or healthy and economical.
10. More expectations again lingers regarding PNoy’s promise of “change to progress” ot come into full reality and not just an empty promises if he is really different among the former Philippine presidents and not “Trapo”; and another sets of “Kapalpakan” or “Palakpakan” on his administration? We will soon see.
11. Petty and big crimes will still of course not out of track and not out of the limelight and media attention because crimes have become common and normal activities in a country. But let us hope it would be more minimize into lesser percentage.
12. More surprises and unexpected happenings beyond what we could imagine and thought of, let us just stay tuned in the Philippines.
These are plausibly expected to happen in the Philippines this year 2011 aside from the unexpected things and scenarios which we could not predict or anticipate beyond the horizon but however, at least we have some compass of what to expect this year 2011. Anyway, everything that cannot be seen that will happen unexpectedly depends on a Being above us.