Pinoy Zeitgeist 2010
The Google Zeitgeist Report
The word “zeitgeist” according to Wiki and dictionary, it is the current general spirit of a group of people or nation on intellectual, moral and cultural aspects that is prevailing within or in short what the majority of Filipinos, as I am writing this for the Philippines, think, feel, and do this year 2010; what drives the majority this year 2010.In order to know this current state of drives among the Filipinos, not only Filipinos but also the rest of the world, the Giant search engine Google do a yearly report called “Zeitgeist Report”, in order to determine the current spirit by their search engines or by what majority of Filipinos were searching of using their search engine.
Yes, Yearly the Giant search engine, Google is releasing what Google called “Zeitgeist Report” for the current year as their yearend report revealing the “collective consciousness” of the Philippines(not only the Philippines but also other countries as well) this year 2010 of what mostly Filipinos search on their search engine.
According to Google Zeitgeist Report for the Philippines, among the top most search keywords or items at Google.ph are Facebook, Jason Ivler, Barbie Forteleza, Manny Pacquiao, Miss Universe fourth runner-up Ma.Venus Raj, the “Jejemon” subculture, Apple iPad, Charice Pempengco’s Pyramid lyrics, the current Philippine president Benigno ‘Noynoy” Aquino III, the international Filipina singing sensation Charice Pempengco, Anne Curtis, Willie Revillame, the ABS-CBN teleserye or fantaserye “Agua Bendita”, the ABS-CBN talent show “Pilipinas Got Talent”(with the winner Jovit Baldovino),Cebu city, Boracay, Bohol, Puerto Galera and Camarines Sur, Davao city, Villa Escudero, and others.
1. Manny Pacquiao for his boxing fights this year that is why he is still one of the most search personalities in the Philippines.
2. Miss Universe 4th runner-up Ma. Venus Raj for her latest winnings at Miss Universe Pageant which makes majority of Filipinos curious to search her on the web. Moreover, her statement “Major, Major” has been her tag which of course sparks curiosity among Filipinos.
3. His Excellency Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III for his winnings at 2010 Election and some funny news reports regarding him followed by his election as the new Philippine president.
3. The “Jejemon” sub-culture for its hit among Filipino teenagers who are inclined much on sending cell phone message in a stylish way.
4. The Apple iPad – I don’t know, perhaps most Filipinos want to have one; yes, Filipinos are curious about this tablet PC like gadget which is indeed looks cool and handy.
5. Jason Ivler – for his young age, music artistry and hot-tempered personality which lead him to jail, plus his connection to Freddie Aguilar, that is why majority of Filipinos were curious about him and mostly he is cute and handsome, thus tweens, ladies and gays were got curious about him.
6. Charice Pempengco – of course we all know why, but what makes her more hit is her inclusion to the famous US TV show “Glee” and her latest hit song “Pyramid” that hits the Billboards top songs.
7. ABS-CBN’s “Agua Bendita” – this fantaserye is quite really beautiful plus the major “bida” and “kontrabida” is also beautiful or should I say the new young artist of the TV drama serious which plays both heroine and villain is simply beautiful and knows how play both her heroine and villain role. Her acting piece suits and perfect for a new comer on the TV drama fantasy series.
8. ABS-CBN’s “Pilipinas Got Talent” – the show is very interesting and entertaining and it has utter similarity with TV5’s “Talentadong Pinoy” plus the talent of the contestant Jovit Baldavino makes the Filipino public curious.
9. Cebu city –the most search Philippine place for tourist destinations, followed by Boracay, Bohol, Puerto Galera and Camarines Sur, Davao city,and other famous tourist places in the Philippines. Of course, the Philippines have some most beautiful tourist spots in the world and this only means the Philippine tourism is still a flourishing and healthy activity in the Philippines which generates government revenues from the foreign and local tourists which visits famous tourist locations or tourist attractions in the Philippines.
10. Anne Curtis – well we all know why or because she is the top “fashionista” “it” girl in town or in Philippine Showbizlandia. Moreover, she is very beautiful and charming young actress of the Philippines. She is the most stylish in terms of dressing up and have somewhat fashion statement on what she wear.
11. Willie Revillame – same also with Anne Curtis, yes because of his show Wowowee and some her controversial remarks.
12. Facebook – of course the favorite social networking site of most Filipinos yet it is still unknown why. What I know is Filipinos loves to play FarmVille- a game in facebook which is the talk of the town among Filipino facebook users.
Anyway, what I enumerate are just handfuls of the results which can be seen on complete lists at the following Google Zeitgeist Report URL link below.