Beyond Bad News
Beset with so much overwhelming bad news and reports like constant terroristic bombings on public places, Abu Sayyaf’s random kidnapping spree, Muslim and communists leftist groups constant war with Philippine military forces, and constant defamation of Islam religion by mainstream Christian media around the world wherein Islam is the known dominant religion on Mindanao Philippines, one who is not familiar and not inhabitant of Mindanao Philippines will wonder how wrecked is the government in Mindanao or one will be conclusive to think that local governments in Mindanao are terribly in bad management. But is it if one knows the heart of this region of the Philippines?
Yes, amidst all these bad news proliferating on mainstream media and on Christian indoctrination against Islam about Mindanao, one will be astound to know that Mindanao’s local governments has been winning the most commendable places with effective good governmental programs in the Philippines in the “Galing Pook Awards”; just recently this year, among the 15 finalist, five of local government units of Mindanao bagged the awards, namely, the provinces of Misamis Oriental, Surigao Del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte, Cagwait Surigao del Sur and Dumingag Zamboanga Del Sur. Prior to these latest awardees, there are also places or provinces in Mindanao that has won the “Galing Pook Awards”; these are, Sulu, Kapatagan Lanao Del Sur, Wao Lanao Del Sur, Bongao Tawi-Tawi, Upi Maguindanao, and South-Western Ligwasan Alliance of municipalities in Maguindanao.
These latest awardees won by their effective governmental programs like the former winners as follows:
(1) Misamis Oriental – for its “Strategic Innovations for Government Hospitals” that bridged hospitals around their province to be accessible to all people in Misamis; outsourcing funds for facility development, improving effective communication and referral networks, introducing consignment scheme on regards to pharmaceutical-medical enterprise, and others pertaining to innovative governmental hospital administration.
(2) Surigao Del Sur – for its innovation on maternal-midwifery management.
(3) Zamboanga Del Norte – for its “Hillylands Green Rehabilitation and Livelihood Program (Hi-Green)” that seeks to promote Green concept in their community.
(4) Cagwait Surigao del Sur – for its “Cagwait’s Best Program” that promotes neighborhood solidarity and community-barangays development through reward system.
(5) Dumingag Zamboanga Del Sur – for its innovative and improved sustainable agriculture through promotion of organic farming programs.
With these good reports regarding local government management in Mindanao, we can conclude that Mindanao Philippines is not a bad place or region in the Philippines contrary to bad news being reported on mainstream media and Muslim people are no war freaks as what Christian preachers try to paint to their followers.