Governing ARMM Forces
The worse political killing so far that hits the Philippine politics is the case of the Maguindanao massacre where the major suspects are the former ruling Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao(ARMM) governors which of course caused another mangling effects on Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao(ARMM)’s socio-economic and political status again, wherein for the past ten years since it was created to pacify the large population of Filipino Muslims on Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur, Basilan, Sulu, and Tawi-tawi, for the virtual separation from the rest in the Philippines as they have requested; this autonomous region in the Philippines have suffered years of alleged corruption and tyrannical rule or abuse of authority of its successive governors. The most recent of these allegations is the case of the Ampatuans being link as the mastermind behind the ruthless Maguindanao massacre of fifty seven people including media people and the wife of their political opponent.
The case has been so controversial just like the case of former ARMM governor Nur Misuari who was also arrested, not for a murder case but for a rebellion against the main government of the Philippines. Actually Nur Misuari is the man behind the BangsaMoro Group or the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) or Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) that keeps on warring against the Philippine government in Manila, whereas the Philippine government in Manila keeps on making peace with them.
The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao have successive six governors since it was created ten years ago, and these governors have contributed much to the development of the region though there are many allegations of graft and corruption and abuse of authority among its governors.
The six ARMM governors that rule and govern ARMM prior to Ampatuans were :
1. Zacaria Candao – the first elected Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanano (ARMM) governor that rules from 1990 to 1993.
2. Lininding Pangandaman –he governs ARMM from 1993 to 1997
3. Nur Misuari – he governs ARMM from 1997 to 2001
4. Dr. Parouk Hussin – he governs ARMM from 2001 to 2005
5. Zaldy Ampatuan –he governs ARMM from 2005 to 2009
6. Ansaruddin Adiong – he is a current acting ARMM governor in the autonomous region replacing Zaldy Ampatuan or after the arrest of Zaldy Ampatuan for the Maguindanao massacre case filed against Ampatuan. Ansaruddin Adiong was the vice governor of Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) prior to the arrest of Zaldy Ampatuan, where the accused party runs again for another term but unfortunately have been currently accused as the mastermind of the Maguindanao massacre.