Pinoy Top 10 For 2010
For the year 2010, here are my top 10 issues that rock the Philippines in the year 2010.
1. The Election of NoyNoy Aquino as the New 15th Philippine president. It is pretty obvious why this Philippine issue make it on our Top One; it is because before and after NoyNoy’s election to the seat of Philippine presidency, he stills the favorite talk of the town of every Filipino.
2. The August 23, 2010 bus hostage tragedy. Who can forget this disastrous bus hostage that even the entire world was shocked on how the new Philippine government have handled the hostage. From this controversial issue, Filipinos become dismayed about NoyNoy’s management and express anger, disappointments and regrets why they voted Noynoy for President.
3. The Reproductive Health Bill. This bill become a major loud issue in the Philippines because of the hypocrite and self-righteous meddling of the Catholic Church on the decision of the new Philippine government to implement the bill to help the Filipinos manage properly their family. But the Catholic Church, since the new Philippine president is a devoted catholic, threatens the new Philippine president to excommunicate him from the church if the he will not listen and succumb to Catholic Church capricious and ridiculous version of morality.
4. The Acquitall of Hubert Webb and et.al from Visconde Massacre case. Flaggergast and felt helpless again is what Mr. Lauro Visconde’s reaction to the Supreme Court’s acquittal of Hubert Webb and et.al from the case of the Visconde Massacre but it is relief for Hubert Webb family and et. al’s respective families. This 15 year old controversial case have hit again the Filipino public another seemingly perpetual hopeless case that will continue to haunt the Judicial system of the Philippines until Mr. Lauro Visconde ceased to live.
5.The axe and end of the TV show “Wowowee” and Willie Revillame’s transfer to TV5 channel 5.The controversial TV host and his controversial noontime show, Mr. Willie Revillame and his noontime show “Wowowee” has grabbed another public attention when ABS-CBN management decided to axe and end the Noontime TV show “Wowowee” because Mr. Willie Revillame’s childish protest again when ABS-CBN never succumb to his request, which prompt Mr. Wowowee to leave the TV network and transfer into another channel, which is TV5 channel 5 together with the concept of the TV show Wowowee that he request to infused for his new show on TV5 which is the Willing Willie –from channel 5 management.
6. Charice Pempengco on Glee Show. The international singing sensation- Charice Pempengco has made the Filipinos proud again by winning a role on the popular US TV show “Glee” and act and sing nicely to the sole she was given to act and sing.
7. Ma. Venus Raj’s winning statement “Major,Major” at 2010 Miss Universe pageant. Her exotic and black beauty never blocks her from acquiring a beauty title at the Miss Universe, as well as the controversy that questions her Filipino nationality before she make it on the Miss Universe pageant. Moreover, her “Major, Major” words has now become one of the favorite colloquial term of Pinoys. Cheers, for her “Major, Major” achievements.
8. Dengue, AIDS and health problems. The increasing rate of dengue, AIDS and other health cases prompt the Department of Health to intensify its anti-dengue health program, the use of condoms to control the increasing rate of HIV cases, and to facilitate health and wellness programs like planting nutritious vegetables on one’s backyard to prevent unwanted health problems. Moreover, this year also have led into the public consciousness of the Filipinos about the herbal plant “Taua-taua” as an alternative aid to cure dengue.
9. Philippine tourism’s plagiaristic and inappropriate new logo. The new Philippine tourism graphical design as well as the logo’s name “Pilipinas Kay Ganda” has been knockout by so much criticism and controversy sideways, which prompts the Philippine tourism secretary to resign. The graphical design is said to be a plagiaristic imitation of Poland’s tourism logo which have a great resemblance. The new brand title “Pilipinas Kay Ganda” was attack and criticized to be inappropriate, ”ignorant”, and “unimaginative”.
10. Erroneous depictions of Philippine tourist spots and map on the new redesigned Philippine money. This is another failure on graphics seconded after the error and failure of the new Philippine tourism logo. Take note, it is about “tourism” error again.
These are Pinoy’s year-end top 10 issues on 2010 that rocks and make noise on the year 2010 of the Philippine archipelago.
Following these top 10 are:
11.2010 Barangay Election
12. The Ampatuan Massacre trial
13. Philippine’s boycott of the Nobel Peace Prize and the WikiLeaks issue
14. The case of the “Morong 43”
15. The closing of the original Pinoy rock station –dwNU107
16. PNoy’s break-up with girlfriend Shalani Soledad and his love life.
17. The West Tower condominium oil spill and its complications
18. The annulment of the marriage of Kris Aquino and James Yap
19. The Supreme Court trashing the Truth Commission body that will suppose to be created to scrutinized the truth behind the graft and corruption allegations against former 14th Philippine president Ms. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.
20. Jueteng Payola issue again, now the jueteng whistler archbishop Cruz reveals that PNoy’s new cabinet members is or are the big fish.
21. Episodic bus tragedies.
22. Terrorism Threat.
Following the top 10 issues that makes a noise also in the Philippines are the following above which of course also contribute the year 2010 happenings in the Philippines. However, of course there are a lot more which we could no more mention or could not mention because they did not hit the major Philippine newspaper or have no so much media exposure, like for example the family war of Petra’s families versus Pedro’s families, ehehe.
I hope you like my personal year-end report regarding what happens in the Philippines in the year 2010; from now on we will be doing this every year as long as I write on this Philippine site.
Cheers, Happy New Year -2011 to All !!! Thank You Very Much For Supporting “The Philippines “this 2010