Pinas Top News # 6
Philippine news and happenings which top or headed the Filipino public awareness from week June 13 up to June 19 and that fills up the news on Philippine Television and Philippine newspaper, in accordance to my own observation. Here are they:
1. Spratlys Again. “Who owns the Spratlys fights”, divides the islands to an endless struggle for sovereignty. It will not resolve the issue if every concerned countries have this on their mind for it is evident geographically that concerned countries have divided share and no one owns the whole South China Sea and the islands therein.
It would better that the concerned countries share peacefully than egoistically fight who owns the Spratlys which leads to nowhere but only endless disputes and worst will lead into war only because of a tiny islands like little children fighting for a one little candy. It is a childish way.
Former Philippine president Ms. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo is somewhat right on her peace pact like plan which gave the concerned countries an equal share of the islands to avoid war than PNoy’s egoistical approach to it that will only leads eventually to war. But for sure PNoy’s own incompetency to resolve the issue will blame it again to Gloria, as usual just to hide his own incompetency which he have already really done, as the recent reports said.
If you examined the issue, will the concerned countries, especially China concede that Spratlys is indeed Philippines’ territorial possession when China has its own, according to them solid evidence to claim Spratlys and throw out of whack Philippines grounded claim on the islands?
And what this meddling issues of America and other countries out there backing up the Philippines on its claim of sovereignty over the Spratlys. Are these meddling countries truly backing up the Philippines or are they just using the Philippines as a stepping stone to fulfill their political agenda against China? This siding act is quite dangerous because it spew disgusting signs of future world war. And if America is for World Peace why it is siding the Philippines which only creates conflicts rather than being magnanimous and neutral in the issue that will create peace between China and Philippines.
2. Food Poisoning Incidents. A subsequent event of food poisoning incident, namely first from Calumpit Bulacan which brought more than 200 people(children and adults) to hospitals because of aching stomach and sluggishness after eating “spaghetti” from a birthday party; and followed by another report of similar incident from Tuguegarao Cagayan which brought 46 people to hospitals and have killed two children after eating the food in the school canteen which believe to have oxalic acid but recently it was tentatively reported that it is not oxalic acid but sodium nitrate or “salitre” which the teacher who cook the food mistaken the sodium nitrate as salt.
These two incidents of food poisoning bring back into public awareness that food doesn’t only make your physical body alive but it could also kill it, if improper handling of food is not done and observed.
There are already number of case of food poisoning in the Philippines and most especially happens on schools, but still lessons have not yet learned, thus history repeats itself.
3.The Peril of Online Social Networking. The case of actor-director Ricky Rivero who almost die because of stab wounds brought to him by his new found facebook friend name Hans Ivan Ruiz as the news trying to say to the public, as well as the subsequent case of a young college girl who lost her insanity after being raped many times by her alleged meet up with her Tagged friends on social networking site – Tagged sparks new public fear that there is a great danger when one socialize online with someone whom one do not know personally when one attempt to meet up a new found one friend personally.
4. Jose Rizal’s Birthday. Annually immortalizing a so-called Filipino hero name Jose Rizal who spend his life indulging on personal gain of knowledge away from the Philippines amidst Spanish tyrannical occupation in the Philippines before he come back in the Philippines,and die because he was accused as “heretic(erehe)” against strictly imposed Christianity by the Spaniards in the Philippine then wherein Jose Rizal become a freemasonic on his beliefs which he used i guess to scrap away the Spanish-inspired Christianity and imposed his own religious beliefs which incensed the Spanish priests which prompts them to label Jose Rizal “heretic” and deliver to death sentence trough firing squad to protect and defend the Filipinos through his new found religion; is indeed absurd and unfair to other Filipinos who truly fought the Spanish occupation who do not leave the entire Philippines so that they could study first abroad of how to fight the Spaniard just like what Jose Rizal have done; or who never left their homelands amidst the ruling of the Spanish yet not known in history because they were not financially rich like Jose Rizal. It is sickening to call a National hero, a person who leave the country amidst the tyrannical rule of a conqueror and left his own people just to pursue his personal dream to study what he wanted study abroad. Is that a hero?
5. Miley Cyrus Concert. Another international young pop singer sensation invades the Philippine concert grounds and rock her Filipino fans with her smashing hit songs like, ”The Climb”, ”Take Me Along”, ”Simple Song”, ”Party in the USA”, and others. Yes, Miley Cyrus is in the house. Last June 17, she rock the concert ground of SM Mall of Asia with her concluded Philippine concert.
6. Typhoon “Egay”. It seems the Philippines is receiving a weekly dose of storms, for another storm for the week strike Pinas and hits our Top list – the typhoon “Egay”. However, it is not quite super typhoon anyway. But hold your seats again this week for another typhoon dosage – the forthcoming of typhoon “falcon”. For according to weather forecast, another typhoon will follow the typhoon “Egay” this week which gave early warnings and preparation for the forthcoming of this new storm.