Pinas Top News # 2
Here are my top news in the Philippines for the week between the days of May 13 and May 22,2011 that has move the entire Philippine or which most Filipinos talk about.
(1) More on RH Bill and Pacquiao’s Opinion About the Bill. He and his mom Dionisia still never out of the news limelight; for recently Manny Pacquiao and his mom Dionisia had almost a fight with Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago and other pro-RH Bill with hypocrisy and religious connotations. They are against the RH Bill because their “Christian Scripture(Bible)” is implicitly against it quoting some biblical verse from it which sparks a fight with Miriam Defensor Santiago and other pro-RH Bill people and from general mass that Pacquiao is a religious nuts and no-brainy Congressman and that he should stop meddling on the bill with his shallow-narrow and hypocritical opinions about it wherein his wife Jinkee have previously confirmed that she is using a contraceptive. Of course, consequently, Manny’s mother Dionisia step in the middle between her son and Miriam Santiago to depend her son which added more tension.
Furthermore ,Dionisia even callously implicate the gays in the issue which of course incensed the gay and lesbian community in the Philippines.
(2) Who is That Pretty Girl? PNoy’s love life again is in public scrutiny after being spotted with an unknown girl at the reunion concert of the 1970’s Hotdog band at the Dusit Thani Hotel. Recently the girl was known to be Ms. Bunny Calica, a 27 years old Cebuana teacher whom PNoy have met before four years ago and have re-met her recently.
(3)Tony’s Escape. The arrest of jailed former Batangas governor Antonio Leviste recently from prison cells of New Bilibid Prison in Muntinlupa city have spark a controversy regarding special treatment on rich people on Philippine jails; that Tony Leviste due to he is very special prisoner, he could come out and in freely from the New Bilibid prison or that he could influence the wardens on the prison cells without hassles.
(4) Harold Camping’s Judgemet Day. Even the Philippines is not spare from this doomsday scare of course, since the Philippines is a predominantly Christian in religious belief system and this issue is a major World-attention-grabber. However, Pinoys whatever their religion may be even solid Christians just mock about this doomsday prophesy predicted by Harold Camping that the world will end at Exact 6 p.m. of May 21,2011 basing his predictions from 7000 years period of creation in the bible.
(5) “In The Name Of Love”. Another certified blockbuster mainstream Pinoy movie from Star Cinema that has won the Filipinos’ movie taste earning a 15 million revenue on its opening day last May 11 and still the talk of the town in regards to recent and current movie experience of Pinoys.
(6) “Chedeng” Coming. Another tropical storm is coming up to hit the Luzon region of the Philippines and we will see the fury of this storm this coming days and Oh My!, actually the storm “Chedeng” is already currently doing its storming job on Pinas.