Filipinos as Market Consumers
How does a Filipino shop? Extravagant? Mindless Buyer? Panic buyer? Loyal Consumer? or picky, savvy and wise shopper or buyer?
Latest world consumer survey company Kantar Worldpanel, reveals how does a Filipino shop from past to present year, that is, Filipino consumers remain loyal and faithful buyer to their brand they used to buy and trusted. Moreover, Filipino consumers become even wiser in buying items and products and love to avail on promotional items and products, most especially on their trusted brands.
Most products and items on the top list of Filipino consumers according to Kantar Worldpanel, are products and items related to health and beauty packed on convenient manner like ready to drink teas or health and beauty products that are convenient to eat, cook and prepare and apply, respectively and love to buy these items on Sari-sari stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets.
The statistics last year 2010 according to Kantar Worldpanel :
1. Sixty eight percent (68 %) of Filipino household consumers bought products on promotion.
2. Seventy two percent (72 %) of Filipino consumers canvassed first for the best promotion before buying or purchasing a product or item in the market.
3. Seventy Nine percent (79 %) of Filipino consumers compare prices first before buying or purchasing a product or item.
4. Seventy Nine percent (79%) of Filipino consumers remained loyal to their favorite trusted brands.
5. Sixty two percent (62 %) of Filipino consumers loves to stock up their favorite trusted brand when on sale.
6. Nineteen to Twenty One percent (19-21 %) of Filipino consumers prioritized buying beauty products that improve the complexion of the skin.
7. Ninety Three percent (93%) of Filipino consumers buy or purchase healthy foods and beverages.
8. Ninety percent (90 %) of Filipino consumers read first the label to ensure they are really buying a true healthy food.
9. Thirteen to Seventeen percent (13- 17 %) of Filipino consumers prioritized purchasing items related to physical fitness.
10. Seventy eight to eighty percent (78-80 %) of Filipino consumers loves to buy healthy foods that give them convenience on eating, cooking and preparing it.
Furthermore, the top retail stores in the Philippines which most Filipino consumers loves to buy and shop, aside from nearby sari-sari stores in their respective areas, are:
1. SM (Shoemart) Malls
2. Mercury Drug stores
3. Gaisano Malls
5. Robinson Malls
Therefore, according to the results obtain by Kantar Worldpanel, Filipino consumers nowadays are indeed wise shopper and a loyal consumer.