Festivities Held In The Philippines Part 2
- The Tinagba Festival – this Philippines festival is held during February 11 at Camarines Sur,Iriga city. It is a thanksgiving festival for a bountiful harvest wherein native folk here process variety of foods and vegetables on a carabao cart.
- The Serenata Festival – held also during February 11 but at Muntilupa Manila Philippines.It is a gathering of all bands in the Philippines holding a load and lyrical music concerts.
- Suman Festival – the native rice delicacy of the Philippines –suman- is held as god in this celebration at Baler Aurora Philippines where houses were deck with lots of it and parade with different floats is held.This festival is held during February 17-19.
- Itik-Itik Festival – held at Pasig city Manila Philippines. This festival is held for the “itik-itik” or brown ducks of the Philippines.It is held during February 23.
- The Babaylan Festival – this festival is held Negros Occidental during February 19 based on the beliefs and traditions of the Babaylans.
- Pinagbenga Festival or Flower festival – this a Baguio Philippines festival where all kinds of flower is the main cause of celebration and adoration.Thus it is called flower festival.It is being held from February 23 up to March 03.
- The Kalilangan Festival – this festival celebrates the co-existent of the people of General Santos through merry-making like contests and presentations.This festival I held during February 27 at General Santos City Philippines.
- International Bamboo Festival – this festival celebrates the usefulness of bamboo exhibiting crafts made in bamboo and some bamboo trade fairs and bamboo music competitions and displaying of the Saint Joseph Parish Church where a large bamboo organ can be found. This festival is held at Las Pinas City, Metro Manila.
- Guling-Guling Festival – a celebration during Ash Wednesday where people of Paoay Ilocos Norte townsfolk and guest alike dressed in native costumes and dance and sing in the streets.
- Bangkero Festival – it is a parade of boats at Pagsanjan River,Laguna Philippines.This is held during March 5 -9.
- Kaamulan Festival – a festival that showcases ethnic and tribal dances,songs,games,crafts and rituals at Malaybalay City ,Buikidnon Philippines.
- Arya Abra Festival – a festival about bamboo rafting at Calaba River.The natives of Abra calls this “Karerakit”.
- Sandugo Festival – A festival that commemorates the blood-sealed peace treaty between Rajah Sikatuna and Miguel Lopez de Legazpi which marks the beginning of the Spanish colonization in the Philippines.This festival is held at Tagbilaran City,Bohol Philippines held at March 16.
- Banana Festival – obviously this festival is about banana abundance; activities ,contest,parade and pageants is held in pertaining to banana.This kind of festival is held at Baco.Mindoro Oriental Philippines,during March 18-19. This Banana Festival is also held during April at the La Castellana, Negros Occidental Philippines during April 1-5.
- Pasayaw Festival – a catholic thanksgiving dance feastival held at Canlaon City, Negros Oriental Philippines during March 18-19.
- Rodeo Masbateno Festival - Philippine version of local cowboys pitting their brains against the bovine brawn in a western style rodeo event like bull riding and steer wrestling as well as the local carabao race.This festival is held during March 18-22 at Masbate City Philippines.
- Alimango Festival – a celebration in honor of Alimango or Crab at Lala, Lanao Del norte held during March 22.